Welcome to Safe-T-Bleed. We design and build a complete system for mobile and industrial hydraulics to make sure you stay safe in the workplace.
Safe-T-Bleed was created by Rory McLaren who has spent decades in the hydraulics field working on all types of machinery, both mobile and industrial. Rory found that there was no way to verify a hydraulic system was oil pressure free once shutdown.
The typical verification method taught was loosen a connector “carefully;” a very dangerous and environmentally unfriendly way to discover if there was pressure in a line.
Worried about the welfare of his fellow colleagues he began the task of creating a way to make a hydraulic system in line with OSHA’s standard for the Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout). The result – Safe-T-Bleed.
What does Safe-T-Bleed do?
- Complies with OSHA’s standard for the Control of Hazardous Energy.
- Makes it safe for workers to detect stored energy in any branch or leg of a hydraulic system before loosening connectors and removing components.
- Permits movement of actuators during lockout; Safe-T-Bleed provides a pathway to release oil without activating valves.
- Safely lower loads in the event a hydraulic system becomes disabled with an elevated load.
- Closed-loop air bleeding
- Stops oil spills; Safe-T-Bleed doesn’t allow any oil to atmosphere.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Simple and safe to operate.
We want to keep you safe.